St Michael’s Homes provides a continuum of programs and services within its rehabilitative homes, including seventy-five beds in four residential settings, all located in the City of Toronto.
St Michael’s Homes staff members deliver counselling and rehabilitative services to its residents in all four locations. The agency is an important part of the network providing recovery programs in Toronto, and especially for those who are in mid-life and clearly in need, but do not qualify for other programs.
The settings of our homes are an integral part of the programs and are communities in which residents and staff members are mutually supportive, sharing responsibility for creating and maintaining a homelike atmosphere. It is our aim to create and maintain communities of care and acceptance so that, through this therapeutic action, we can assist with the heeling of deeply wounded individuals as they strive for a life beyond their addictions.
Now in our 41st year, St Michael’s Homes continue to strive as an organization for constant improvement of our response to the human needs of those we serve through our programs.
Empowered and meaningful lives free from addiction.
To provide continuous, holistic and integrated addiction recovery services.
At St. Michael’s Homes, we believe all of our work needs to be
- Recovery-oriented: we believe that every individual can recover from addiction.
- Evidence-based: we use innovative, evidence-based practices to support each individual’s recovery.
- Trauma-informed: we recognize that addiction is often rooted in the experience of trauma and suffering.
- Strengths-based: we respect and build on the strengths and choices of our clients.
- Justice-oriented: we focus on supporting the most marginalized.
- Collaborative: we work as an inter-disciplinary team with our system and clients’ networks as partners in recovery.
- Accountable: we are open and transparent with our clients, community, and stakeholders.